Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vienna

Vienna led us to a hostel on the west side of town. It was an easy navigation with their underground and tram systems, which are fabulous. We had a big two bedroom suite, that was clean but poorly laid out with kitchen and bathroom behind the same door. Oh, and don't forget the entryway with some semblance of a lazy boy chair and desk. The conversion of these old family homes into hostel rooms are quite the adventure.

Hotel Hernals
The first night there we went to Prater square, and rode the oldest ferris wheel in Austria. It was built for the world fair in the late 1800's. Char was freaked out because of it's hieght and creakiness. Krystal walked from one side of the box (big enough to hold table and chairs for 6 people) to the other just to add to her freaked-out-ness!


Char trying to act calm


Loosing time on computer, will post more later!.... :)

4 comments:

Ms. Lovely said...

Happy Birthday Krystal!!

From General Services

NikNik said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Krystal - Keep posting I am loving reading about it!!

frogbait said...

I am enjoying your posts! Keep -em coming! I can't wait to see some more pix!

The Ballard Family said...

Ah! So, I missed the birthday...but was coming here to say that I have been reading your posts and enjoying them thoroughly! I am so excited for you! I have friends living in Vienna right now for an internship so I always hear so much about it. How fun. That dessert sounds...nasty. Haha...
Can't wait to hear more. You are so adventurous! Tell Charlotte hi for me! Love,
Mandy